A rich reward - Chocolate and Raspberry Brownie
modified recipe by Soul food cafe -
|Prep Time||45 minutes|
This is an intense chocolate hit - a truly memorable brownie rich with chocolate and raspberries!
- 300 g trade aid dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 2 c trade aid cane sugar
- 1 1⁄2 c flour
- 1⁄2 c trade aid cocoa
- 2 t vanilla essence
- 1 c frozen raspberries (or fresh if in season)
- 1⁄2 c chopped trade aid chocolate, extra
- 250 g unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Line a 20cm x 30cm pan with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of hot - not boiling water.
- Mix until completely combined.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy (but not too fluffy)
- Add the chocolate and butter mixture.
- Sift the flour and cocoa and fold into the chocolate mix.
- Add the vanilla.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the raspberries and extra chocolate evenly over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean at the edges and the centre is still slightly gooey.
- Cool and cut into 16 pieces.
A light warming in a microwave before serving is highly recommended. Serve with lashings of cream on the side.